Monday, August 17, 2009

The Future of this Blog

I haven’t posted in forever, and I’ve really been thinking about the future of this blog. The plural part of Atheist Girls hasn’t been true for a while. I bear no ill will toward Philosophychick or thegecko, as they have busy lives. Philosophychick is starting a Master’s program as well as planning a wedding. Thegecko has a new job and various responsibilities. I doubt they will write here anymore.

I am entering the last phase of my Master’s program. That doesn’t leave me a lot of time to write, although long days in the lab waiting on experiments to finish (while having the laptop handy) might lead to some posts. There is also the issue of motivation. When I began this blog, I was not a new atheist, but I was a newly inspired atheist activist. I was also closeted and needed a place to vent. The blog is no longer useful for venting because of 2 reasons: One, that my family now knows about it and reads it, and two, that I can pick up the phone and vent at any time to my wonderful boyfriend, one of the coolest atheists in the world, Matt Dillahunty of the Atheist Experience. Whereas I used to write blog posts in anger and frustration, now I just talk it out with him. This is good for my mental health, but not so good for the blog. I also read so many good blogs, like Pharyngula, Friendly Atheist, Skepchick, and others. Among all those, they touch on almost every subject that I could hope to talk about, and usually more eloquently than I could hope to say it.

I wrote this to have something to put on here for the summer. Maybe I will get inspired again, maybe I won’t. Since I'm not psychic (if I was, I would be out spending my million dollars), we'll just have to see what the future holds. In any case, the other girls and I didn’t drop off the face of the earth, we’re still alive, happy, and atheist!

23 comments:

Ian Andreas Miller said...

It's nice to see that you are posting!

I hope you post here again, even if it is not very often.

Take it easy!

forkboy said...

As a late-comer I can't say I've missed anything, but clearly there are more important things for you to be focused upon.

And perhaps you could change the purpose for this blog? Instead of a place to vent how about a place share? You know...how this change impacts you on a daily (if such exists) basis or whatever.

Whatever you opt to do, good luck with the Masters work.

JD said...

I am a late-comer too but that's cool that this blog served it's purpose for you and you can move on.

+1 on Matt, he is cool! I watch his show here in Austin all the time :)

The Looney Bin said...

I've been a pretty consistant reader for a while now and I must say, if this is the end, I'm sad to see you guys go. It's been quite an informative and interesting ride.

Goodluck with whatever you do.

Doug said...

Hi,
When does the ETSU atheist club meet? When is the date and time of your next meeting. I would like to come.

Thanks,
Doug

Microbiologychick said...

All the info for the ETSU club can be found at etsuatheistclub.blogspot.com

Jay said...

I'm just wondering how no one seems to see the recurring and underlying hate and resentment throughout the blogs? How is this any different than what is being professed as the "sins" of the other religions? I'm hard pressed to believe this world's problems are solely the fault of "religion" or a belief in God, but the result of selfish, unforgiving, egotistical people, regardless of their specific view.

william said...

Once it is really nice to write something when you're angry, sad, happy etc., whatever emotions we have you can freely express it through writings. Rather than writing i use to download free online movies at http://downloadmoviesfree.net and choose a film that is appropriate on how i feel today and lose after I've watch the movie.

fast said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。.........................

said...

Happy New Year~~!!!............................................................

亮麗 said...

君子如水,隨方就圓,無處不自在。..................................................

老了一歲 said...

不勞而獲的事情,並沒有價值........................................

念強 said...

聊天尋夢080中聊天室南部聊天友聊天室尋夢聊天是色情片貼片色情片影片色情卡通貼圖色情光牒色情米克色情自拍圖貼色情自拍網站色情免費成人無碼電影片色情片gogo色情片色情文說色美眉寫真色美眉影片色站排行榜色情!色情DVD色情qvod色情人無碼影片色情上床色情女圖片色情介紹色情分享片色情天室色情文小說色情免費無碼影片金瓶梅影片 自拍俱樂部 0204貼圖區聊天

文輝 said...

希望是風雨之夜所現之曉霞 ..................................................

志冠少菁伶義 said...

樂觀進取,勇往直前,持之以恒,是克服困難的妙方。......................................................

SydneyJ22985 said...

It's great!!..................................................

珮均 said...

弱者困於環境,智者利用環境~~加油! ....................................................

OliveWol8888 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。 ..................................................

韋于倫成 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快 ........................................

奎峰 said...

做愛 淫慾 s18x愛 寫真 77p2p 辣妹 淫婦 av 美女 美女聊天室 後宮聊天 打手槍 視訊 18禁視訊 貼圖 xPlus.av 援交打炮 女優 live173 173 85免費 uthome聊天室 一夜情 xvideo 免費視訊 情色聊天 交友聊天 影音視訊聊天室 情人視訊 a片

于呈均名 said...

The more haste, the less speed. ............................................................

QuinnJ怡潔 said...

Learning makes life sweet.............................................................

Andrew said...

Make sure to make time for appearances on the Atheist experience!